Randy Dunlap wrote: >> be worthwhile to adapt kernel-doc so it can parse systemtap tapset >> files? Is there some way to make kernel-doc only pay attention to the >> comments? > > Not currently, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. Then the question > becomes: is it the same scripts/kernel-doc file or is it scripts/stap-doc > (e.g. -- or some other name)? Hi Randy, I have some modifications to the kernel-doc script that allow it to parse the systemtap tapsets and generate some form of xml. I am not completely satisified with the current output (only generates xml at the moment and extra junk in the synopsis for the parameters for systemtap functions). However, I was hoping to get some feedback on the current state of this development. For the experiment the systemtap sources are located in /home/wcohen/research/profiling/systemtap_write/systemtap_ref/. I have the kernel-doc script in systemtap_ref/scripts. The memory.stp is in systemtap_ref/tapsets. From the directory with the tapsets2.tmpl I was able to run the following commands to generate pdf: SRCTREE=/home/wcohen/research/profiling/systemtap_write/systemtap_ref/ ./docproc doc tapsets2.tmpl > c.xml xmlto pdf c.xml I like the compactness of the kernel-doc comments. The resulting memory.stp looks like something that tapset developers would be likely to update when they make some change. -Will