Maynard Johnson wrote: > David Smith wrote: >> Maynard Johnson wrote: >>> Hello, >>> I recently pulled down the systemtap src onto a Fedora 10 system and >>> tried to use the itrace >>> probe point. The resulting kernel module failed to compile because >> the runtime/itrace.c file >>> had not been updated to reflect the recent utrace interface changes. >> This problem had not >>> been caught because the itrace test is currently disabled (since it >> fails on x86_64). >> >> I looked at your changes a bit. In remove_usr_itrace_info(), you >> probably need to ignore EALREADY (which means the DEATH callback has >> already begun so there is no point in detaching). >> >> The changes look reasonable, but with a bit more effort you should be >> able to support both the original utrace interface (for systems like >> RHEL5) and the new utrace interface simultaneously. The task_finder >> layer does this now - look for '#ifdef UTRACE_ORIG_VERSION' sections and >> look at runtime/utrace_compatibility.h. Basically you write to the new >> interface and use the defines and wrappers in >> runtime/utrace_compatibility.h to make the original utrace interface >> look like the new interface. >> >> It is possible you might need to add additional defines to >> runtime/utrace_compatibility.h since the itrace code uses parts of >> utrace that the task_finder layer doesn't use. >> >> Let me know if you need help with this or additional information. > Thanks for the feedback. The revised patch I'm attaching here contains > two changes compared to the original: it ignores EALREADY in > remove_usr_itrace_info(); and I've added a private version of > 'access_process_vm' (as discussed on a separate posting thread). > > Other issues I will continue to work on are: > - itrace test fails on x86_64 > - add backward support for older utrace interface > > Frank had granted me write access to the SystemTap repository a few > months ago, so I can commit this when I get approval. It would help if I attached the patch . . . :-/ -Maynard > > Thanks. > -Maynard >> >