* systemtapgui source tarball
@ 2010-01-11 15:03 William Cohen
From: William Cohen @ 2010-01-11 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SystemTAP

Fedora packages should have  a URL in them that point to a tarball that holds to
source code used in the package. systemtapgui was listed in:

http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/sourcecheck/sourcecheck-20100106.txt

With:

anithra:BADSOURCE:com.ibm.systemtapgui.src.tar.gz:eclipse-systemtapgui

Is the tarball used in the eclipse-systemtapgui packages available on:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stapgui/files/

-Will

* Re: systemtapgui source tarball
@ 2010-01-15  8:20 ` Anithra P Janakiraman
From: Anithra P Janakiraman @ 2010-01-15  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Cohen; +Cc: SystemTAP

On 01/11/2010 08:33 PM, William Cohen wrote:
> Fedora packages should have  a URL in them that point to a tarball
> that holds to source code used in the package. systemtapgui was listed in:
>
> http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/sourcecheck/sourcecheck-20100106.txt
>
> With:
>
> anithra:BADSOURCE:com.ibm.systemtapgui.src.tar.gz:eclipse-systemtapgui
>
> Is the tarball used in the eclipse-systemtapgui packages available on:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stapgui/files/

Hi Will,

I wasnt aware of this. Thanks for pointing it out. The source is
available on
http://sourceforge.net/projects/stapgui/files/  but in the stapguiplugins
folder. I'll move it out to the files directory.

Regards,
Anithra.

* Re: systemtapgui source tarball
@ 2010-01-15 15:31   ` William Cohen
From: William Cohen @ 2010-01-15 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

On 01/15/2010 03:20 AM, Anithra P Janakiraman wrote:
> On 01/11/2010 08:33 PM, William Cohen wrote:
>> Fedora packages should have a URL in them that point to a tarball that
>> holds to source code used in the package. systemtapgui was listed in:
>>
>> http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/sourcecheck/sourcecheck-20100106.txt
>>
>> With:
>>
>> anithra:BADSOURCE:com.ibm.systemtapgui.src.tar.gz:eclipse-systemtapgui
>>
>> Is the tarball used in the eclipse-systemtapgui packages available on:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stapgui/files/
>

> Hi Will,
>
> I wasnt aware of this. Thanks for pointing it out. The source is
> available on
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stapgui/files/ but in the stapguiplugins
> folder. I'll move it out to the files directory.
>
> Regards,
> Anithra.

Hi Anithra,

If correct, the URL should download the file used in the SRPM. Also shouldn't
there be a version number in the tarball? Or is this guaranteed not to change?

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/stapgui/com.ibm.systemtapgui.src.tar.gz

-Will