From: Anithra P Janakiraman <anithra@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: systemtap@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Framework for easy distribution of SystemTap scripts.
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:09:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I've attached a modified framework. The systemtap_pkg_generator now
generates a package that includes staprun,stapio, an install script and
the generated kernel module. The files are not packaged into an rpm, and
no installation happens. The resulting 'package' is a self-extracting
binary file that extracts all files to the current dir, invokes the
install script which in turn invokes staprun from the current dir. This
binary file can only be executed by root users.

Please comment.

Regards,
Anithra.