Here's a small update on the prototype systemtap/pcp integration work I'm doing. I've create a systemtap branch, called 'dsmith/mmv' that contains all my work. Basically this work allows systemtap to create 'mmv' memory mapped files. If you checkout and build that, then you should be able to run the attached systemtap script. This script is a translation of pcp's example python mmv script found in src/python/mmv.py. Note that systemtap will create a file called 'mmv' in /proc/systemtap/{MODULE_NAME}. I've just been using pcp's 'mmvdump' utility to dump the contents of the /proc/systemtap/{MODULE_NAME}/mmv file. Currently the pcp mmv pmda only looks in one place for mmv files, but it might be possible to create a symbolic link to systemtap's mmv file to make it happy. The code works for the attached script, but I'm sure it is quite fragile. Things like locking, error checking, documentation, etc. need to be done. -- David Smith dsmith@redhat.com Red Hat http://www.redhat.com 256.217.0141 (direct) 256.837.0057 (fax)