* Array handling question
@ 2015-07-20 18:15 Zoltan Kiss
From: Zoltan Kiss @ 2015-07-20 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hi,

I have troubles to get what I want from linetimes.stp example, so I've
decided to create my own somewhat simplified version. I'm currently
interested in the average runtime of a function after a certain number
of runs, but apparently it gives me values like 74279383992077, which is
clearly wrong. And I have a feeling I'm misunderstanding something
obvious about the array handling, but I couldn't figure out what.
Could anyone give me an advice about what am I missing?

Regards,

Zoltan Kiss

And here is my example script:

global cnt = 0;
global starttime = 0;
global runtimes;

probe process(<procname>).function(<funcname>).call {
         starttime = gettimeofday_ns();
}

probe process(<procname>).function(<funcname>).return {
	runtime = gettimeofday_ns() - starttime;
	starttime = 0;
	runtimes <<< runtime;
	if (cnt > 50000) {
		printf("Runtime avg: %u\n", @avg(runtimes));