* schedulevisualizer
@ 2010-10-29  8:15 tom.deblauwe
From: tom.deblauwe @ 2010-10-29  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hello,

Thanks for making systemtap, I like it! :)

Secondly: I have made a little script variation that prints out processing times per thread within a certain process. Also, I made a little Qt 4 application called "ScheduleVisualizer" that visualises the output per thread. It's easy to build using Qt Creator.
Also included is my other Qt test application "MultiThread" that I used for making testing this script. You also need to compile it using Qt.

Usage is like this:

- Run your program somewhere, in my case "MultiThread"
- In another console, do: 'stap schedule.stp pid $(pidof MultiThread) -c "sleep 30"'
- This will monitor the multithread program for 30 seconds and then quit. Now copy the output to a text file.
- Open the text file in ScheduleVisualizer. Now you see the task switches!

It may be useful so I thought I'll share it here. Another reason is that my approach may be wrong or there may be a better way so I would like to hear it :)

Thanks
Best regards
Tom,

* Re: schedulevisualizer
@ 2010-10-29  8:31 ` Cristian Falcas
From: Cristian Falcas @ 2010-10-29  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tom.deblauwe; +Cc: systemtap

Hi Tom,

I am interested in your QT applications, could you provide a link from
where I could download them?

Thank you,
    Cristian Falcas

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:15, <tom.deblauwe@telenet.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for making systemtap, I like it! :)
>
> Secondly: I have made a little script variation that prints out processing times per thread within a certain process. Also, I made a little Qt 4 application called "ScheduleVisualizer" that visualises the output per thread. It's easy to build using Qt Creator.
> Also included is my other Qt test application "MultiThread" that I used for making testing this script. You also need to compile it using Qt.
>
> Usage is like this:
>
> - Run your program somewhere, in my case "MultiThread"
> - In another console, do: 'stap schedule.stp pid $(pidof MultiThread) -c "sleep 30"'
> - This will monitor the multithread program for 30 seconds and then quit. Now copy the output to a text file.
> - Open the text file in ScheduleVisualizer. Now you see the task switches!
>
> It may be useful so I thought I'll share it here. Another reason is that my approach may be wrong or there may be a better way so I would like to hear it :)
>
> Thanks
> Best regards
> Tom,

* Re: schedulevisualizer