Hi, usymname can be used to translate address to symbol name, but I can't find an easy way to translate symbol name to address. I can get the ubacktrace and translate the addresses to symbols one by one, and try to find the relationship between the symbol and the address, but it's a bit tricky I think. In systemtap source code, tapset.cxx do get address for probed symbols, is it possible to get symbol address during runtime? The reason why I want to translate a symbol to an address is , I want to strip part of the stack for readability. Any clue is appreciated Thanks Yibin