* Integration of the shared memory based transport in the SystemTap
@ 2017-07-11  6:59 Arkady
From: Arkady @ 2017-07-11  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hi,

I have an implementation of shared memory which is, hopefully, rather
close to the production grade. The idea is that a probe allocates a
small chunk from the FIFO, fills the chunk with the data, "commits"
the chunk. The FIFO can be lockless if there is a FIFO per core.

This is the API in the kernel space
https://gist.github.com/larytet/4977626fd87817414c7a88dd63e7855d

In the user space the shared memory provides write()/read()/mmap() interfaces.

I am going to patch the SystemTap by adding the API into the C code.

I wonder if there is a chance for making the shared memory a first
class citizen in the STAP and what will it take to merge the API into
the mainline.

Thank you, Arkady.