* newer kernel+systemtap & nfs.fop.open
@ 2022-03-10 19:58 Daire Byrne
From: Daire Byrne @ 2022-03-10 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Hi,

Bit of a newbie question, but I'm trying to port some older code to a
newer version of systemtap (4.7pre) and I'm seeing a change in
behaviour in the output of this:

stap -e 'probe nfs.fop.open { filename = sprintf("%s",
d_path(&$filp->f_path)); printf("filename: %s\n", filename)}'

On previous versions (RHEL7, stap v4.1), the resulting filename had
the full path including the mounted directory path or autompunt path,
But on newer version of the kernel and systemtap, it seems like only
the file path after the NFS mountpoint is being printed.

Is there some other trick now required with the
d_path((&$filp->f_path)) to include the NFS mountpoint location and
provide the full path?

Many thanks,

Daire