* RE: question about module function probe
@ 2006-03-02 17:07 Stone, Joshua I
From: Stone, Joshua I @ 2006-03-02 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mao, Bibo, systemtap

bibo,mao wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote one script to probe function in module, this script is like
> 	this: probe  module("*").function("*interrupt*")
> 	{
> 	}
>
> And in the translated module source file, it includes some probepoints
> like this:

"kernel.function(\"wait_for_completion_interruptible@kernel/sched.c:3017
\")",

"kernel.function(\"wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout@kernel/sche
d.c:3052\")",
> "kernel.function(\"interruptible_sleep_on@kernel/sched.c:3111\")",

"kernel.function(\"interruptible_sleep_on_timeout@kernel/sched.c:3126\")
",
> But these functions are not defined in the modules, maybe some modules
> call these function.
> And I think module functions should be defined and implemented in the
> modules.

I think that kernel.function(...) is treated internally as a syntactic
sugar for module("kernel").function(...), so module("*") would match the
kernel itself as well.  Whether this is the desired behavior may be a
point of discussion...

Josh

* question about module function probe
@ 2006-03-02  3:43 bibo,mao