* staprun in user space of production does not probe !
@ 2021-04-10  7:47 Lev Olshvang
From: Lev Olshvang @ 2021-04-10  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

I am stuck with the following problem on a CentOS 7.6  :
- I have stap script working well on development host and probing function in user space application.
When I move compiled stap module to the production host (same kernel version) ,no single probe is matched (except for end probe). I put simpe print statement in function call probe, work on development host but silence on production. Development and production OS and packages are exact the same except for C compiler and stap packages., production have only stap runtime.
Executable under test compiled with -ggd3 -fno-inline -fno-inline-functions -fvar-tracking-assignments --fno-omit-frame-pointer  -pthread -fPIC -fpermissive -

I even moved the executable it probed from development to production host. Still, no probe, no error reported.
Dmesg shows stap module loaded, single line stating number of probes in script and memory address.

I compiled tiny C program. It works on both dev and production.

Please help me to understand what is the problem.
Thx.
Lev

NOTICE:
This email and all attachments are confidential, may be proprietary, and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. They are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom the email is addressed. However, mistakes sometimes happen in addressing emails. If you believe that you are not an intended recipient, please stop reading immediately. Do not copy, forward, or rely on the contents in any way. Notify the sender and/or Imperva, Inc. by telephone at +1 (650) 832-6006 and then delete or destroy any copy of this email and its attachments. The sender reserves and asserts all rights to confidentiality, as well as any privileges that may apply. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-10  7:47 UTC | newest]