* compilation error
@ 2009-04-21  9:03 devi thapa
From: devi thapa @ 2009-04-21  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

hi,

I am new to systemtap, and I got a small program of printing helloworld,
but when I am trying to run it, its giving an error

"Pass 4: compilation failed.  Try again with more '-v' (verbose) options."

all the 3 packages are in same version,
kernel-devel
kernel-debuginfo
kernel-debuginfo-common

please help me out with this...

devi

* Re: compilation error
@ 2009-04-21  9:10 ` Wenji Huang
From: Wenji Huang @ 2009-04-21  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devi thapa; +Cc: systemtap

devi thapa wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am new to systemtap, and I got a small program of printing helloworld,
> but when I am trying to run it, its giving an error
>
> "Pass 4: compilation failed.  Try again with more '-v' (verbose) options."
>
> all the 3 packages are in same version,
> kernel-devel
> kernel-debuginfo
> kernel-debuginfo-common
>
> please help me out with this...
>
> devi
Thanks for trying systemtap. Please give more outputs with -v, like
   stap -vv your.stp

Regards,
Wenji

* Re: compilation error
@ 2009-04-21 13:08 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2009-04-21 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devi thapa; +Cc: systemtap

devi thapa <devi.thapa@gmail.com> writes:

> I am new to systemtap, and I got a small program of printing helloworld,
> but when I am trying to run it, its giving an error
> "Pass 4: compilation failed.  [...]

Please see http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/HowToReportBugs,
especially the "stap-report" script link therein.

- FChE