* ERROR: unable to find either group "stapdev" or group "stapusr"
@ 2007-09-26 18:18 Dave Nomura
From: Dave Nomura @ 2007-09-26 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: systemtap

Are these stapdev and stapusr groups something new or have I stumbled
into part of stap that requires them?
I am using a pretty recent SystemTap snapshot.

I don't recall seeing anything about them in the documentation and
apparently didn't need them when using an older version of SystemTap.

--
Dave Nomura
LTC Linux Power Toolchain

* Re: ERROR: unable to find either group "stapdev" or group "stapusr"
@ 2007-09-26 18:31 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2007-09-26 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dcnltc; +Cc: systemtap

Dave Nomura <dcnltc@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Are these stapdev and stapusr groups something new [...]

Yes.  Alternately, you can run systemtap as a whole as root or under sudo.

> I don't recall seeing anything about them in the documentation [...]

It's mentioned in NEWS, README.security, stap.1 and staprun.8, and on
the mailing list, but other than that, you're right. :-)

- FChE