public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Installation Question - Linux Newbie
@ 2003-03-05 14:31 Frank Gulia
From: Frank Gulia @ 2003-03-05 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

I'm running Mandrake 9.0
I installed xconq version 7.4.1-0k (file: xconq-7.4.1-0k.nosrc.rpm)
I used the rpm to simplify installation.
Kpackage found no errors and reported that the game was installed in:
group:Amusements/Games. I cannot find this folder anywhere.

My elementary question is, how do I start the game?

Frank

* Re: Installation Question - Linux Newbie
@ 2003-03-05 15:02 ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2003-03-05 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fgulia; +Cc: xconq7

> I installed xconq version 7.4.1-0k (file: xconq-7.4.1-0k.nosrc.rpm)
> I used the rpm to simplify installation.
> Kpackage found no errors and reported that the game was installed in:
> group:Amusements/Games. I cannot find this folder anywhere.

I don't know Kpackage or the details of how the rpm was build, but if
you open a terminal window and type "xconq" that should work.  If not,
"rpm -q -l xconq" should give you a listing of files, one of which
should be "xconq" and then you could type a command like
"/opt/bin/xconq" (according to where the "xconq" file is in the rpm -q
-l output).

I think the group:Amusements/Games just has to do with rpm, and not
how you run xconq.