public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* The Xconq domain has expired!
@ 2005-10-08  4:52 runegold
From: runegold @ 2005-10-08  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

I'm a long-time lurker (contributed a scenario long ago, but it seems to
have been lost) and check on progress every so often.  Noticed that
http://www.xconq.org/ is no longer valid.  Is Xconq moving ... or is it
dead?

Runegold

* Re: The Xconq domain has expired!
@ 2005-10-08  5:57 ` Lincoln Peters
From: Lincoln Peters @ 2005-10-08  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

On Friday 07 October 2005 09:52 pm, runegold@runegold.org wrote:
> I'm a long-time lurker (contributed a scenario long ago, but it seems to
> have been lost) and check on progress every so often.  Noticed that
> http://www.xconq.org/ is no longer valid.  Is Xconq moving ... or is it
> dead?

The xconq.org site was maintained by Coop, who apparently has neglected to
renew the xconq.org domain.  However, Xconq still has a page on SourceForge
<http://xconq.sourceforge.net/>, and unless we hear from Coop any time soon
(I don't see any posts from him on the mailing lists since August 26th), I
assume we'll be moving everything that was on the xconq.org site to the
SourceForge page.

I seem to recall that, on August 22nd, there was a security breach at
xconq.org, and Eric was considering moving away from it and transitioning
away from it.  See the following message from the archive:
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=8013796&forum_id=43006>

By the way, I notice you're still using the mailing list from the RedHat site
(which should have been shut down long ago).  So I think this would be a good
time to remind anyone who might still be on this list: if you haven't yet
subscribed to the mailing lists on the SourceForge page
<http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=124062>, you should do so.  It would
explain why you probably haven't seen any Xconq activity whatsoever since
April 11th!

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.