public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Eric McDonald <mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu>
To: Jim Kingdon <kingdon@panix.com>
Cc: tsbvc@tds.net,  xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Net game on Saturday?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:03:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Jim Kingdon wrote:

>>Well, if you don't mind building from sources, I'll just provide the
>>tarball

> That's better, actually.  The sources are pretty sure to build and
> work here.  Binaries are a matter of worrying about glibc versions and
> what-not.

Well, a source RPM would have been provided with the RPM packages, so I
don't know how much of a problem that would be. But, I'll do a tarball
anyway.

> Use your judgment.  Whichever one you think is more likely to make it
> through the whole game without crashing.  None of the features you
> mention strikes me as particularly essential (one way or the other).

Well, actually the scheduler improvements would allow you to finish your
turn naturally (i.e., without pressing 'Enter') when formations are in
use. Otherwise, you would tend to get stuck near the end (delay and
reserve are of no help in such case). But, if no one uses formations,
then I guess it is no big deal.

> My most recent game was with xconq from CVS with top ChangeLog entry
> of "2004-08-21 Hans Ronne <hronne@comhem.se>" and I indeed made it to
> the end of game.  For whatever that is worth.

Ah, quite recent. Must have been playtesting the attack/fire stuff....

Eric