public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Eric McDonald <mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu>
To: cstevens@gencom.us
Cc: mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca,  xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Xconq @ Sourceforge (was Re: Grid To Hex Conversion)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:

>>I was also hoping that we'd have an official CVS again by the time I get a
>>chance to work on image mapping, since the current pattern of getting
>>updates as source tarballs makes it difficult for me to make modifications
>>if my modifications will require more development time than the time
>>between tarballs (hard to merge in new updates - that's part of the
>>problem CVS is supposed to solve).
>

> I hope we see this happen on SourceForge or Savannah. As you know, others have
> asked for this.

Everything is now in place at Sourceforge. (The project home page could
use some cosmetics perhaps, but that it is nothing important.)

Instructions on access to the CVS repository:
   http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=124062
CVS browser:
   http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xconq/xconq/
Mailing lists:
   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=124062
Bug tracker:
Feature request tracker (note that Elijah has already been busy there :-)):
Patch tracker:
File releases:
   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=124062
Project summary page:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/xconq/

Fora are presently being handled by Xconq.org (thanks Coop):
   http://www.xconq.org/modules.php?name=Forums

   FYI,
     Eric

P.S. Like Stan, I have already experienced some problems with the
Sourceforge CVS servers. Import went fine, but the imported module did
not become available via pserver to the outside world until about 9
hours later. I hope this was just a fluke and does not represent what we
can expect from SF. ("Inside" pserver access from the SF shell machine
was fine from the get go, as was SSH ext access from the outside world.)