public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Eric McDonald <mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu>
To: xconq-developers@lists.sourceforge.net,
	 xconq7 <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: New Map Display Properties
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 07:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello Xconq Game Designers,

   I have just added two new global variables to GDL. These are
'unit-gbox-border-color' and 'unit-gbox-fill-color'. They allow you to
adjust the border and fill colors of a transport's grouping box (the
square around it and its occupants). Currently only the SDL interface
honor this (yes, Sdlconq now supports grouping boxes), but I hope to
integrate it into the Tcl/Tk interface as well. (At some point, I may
also allow for adjusting the border style of the grouping box.)

   There is a new file, 'colors.txt', in the 'doc' directory. It is
taken from the Tk documentation, and describes the colors available in
Tk. I added support for this exact same colors database into the SDL
interface. This means that if you specify any color named in
'colors.txt' for a GDL global or property, that color will be available
in both the Tcl/Tk and SDL interfaces. (Of course, the Curses interface
ignores such things; it would be fun to colorize that interface however....)

   These features are in CVS and will be available in the next file release.

Eric