public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Quest for Adventure oddity
@ 2005-01-04  1:42 Robert Goulding
From: Robert Goulding @ 2005-01-04  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7, xconq-general

I know that quest.g is an unfinished game, but it seemed to be acting most oddly
under 20041227 on windows (admittedly, the first time I've played this game).  I
went out exploring the map, and found hardly a thing.  A couple of ants, but
they were invisible; only at the end of each exchange of attacks (at an empty
cell) could you see the icon for the ant flickering on and off.  At the end of
65 turns, I'd covered half the map, and not found anything, so quit out of
boredom - and there was, it turns out, nothing at all on the map (nothing that
I could see, that is) although the 'monsters' had registered quite a high score
by the end.

Are these bugs in the game engine, or a problem with quest.g?

Robert.

--
Robert Goulding
Program of Liberal Studies