public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Re: Occupant Capture
@ 2004-10-06  2:25 Feneric Brown
From: Feneric Brown @ 2004-10-06  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

> I'd say start an esperanto-xconq mailing list if we thought the whole
> thing would be anything other than a passing fad...

I would agree that it wouldn't succeed right now.  Who knows though in
the future if Xconq gets localized into Esperanto...

* Re: Occupant Capture
@ 2004-10-03 15:59       ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2004-10-03 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: elijahmeeks; +Cc: mcdonald, xconq7

> Yeah, I was feeling left out of the esperanza.  It's a
> little French, a little Pin-Yin Mandarin, some then a
> hodge-podge of latinesque and cyrrilicish sounding
> words.  I have no idea what 'merci sven burro' means.

Well done.  You had me going until Eric actually took up the
challenge.

@ 2004-10-02 17:31     ` Elijah Meeks
From: Elijah Meeks @ 2004-10-02 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric McDonald; +Cc: xconq7

> Sounds like it could be a bug. The transport isn't
> changing type when it
> is captured, is it?

No change-type.  You can test it on the new battles.g
by attempting an attack from starship to starship.  By
rule, it'll only work if a) the target starship is
smaller and b) it has ko'd or destroyed shields, and
then only 20% of the time.  But when it does work, you
end up with a totally system-less ship.

> Maybe I am not fully awake yet, but what is the
> above language? Or is it
> a Frankenstein of more than one language? At first

Yeah, I was feeling left out of the esperanza.  It's a
little French, a little Pin-Yin Mandarin, some then a
hodge-podge of latinesque and cyrrilicish sounding
words.  I have no idea what 'merci sven burro' means.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

* Re: Occupant Capture
@ 2004-10-02 17:28   ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2004-10-02 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elijah Meeks; +Cc: xconq7

Elijah Meeks wrote:
> Is there a particular setting necessary to allow
> occupant capture when the transport is captured?  I've
> set scuttle chance to 0% and the capture-chance for
> the occupants at 100%, but the only thing that happens
> is the transport is captured and its occupants all
> vanish.

Sounds like it could be a bug. The transport isn't changing type when it
is captured, is it?

> Der settipakio alo necessitatio occupadio capturio gen
> transporto capturiado?  Wo inputio del scuttlema ager
> zed, del capturio possibilitadio total, keshi zhe solo
> d'eventio ka tranporto capturada, occupanta den kaput.

Maybe I am not fully awake yet, but what is the above language? Or is it
a Frankenstein of more than one language? At first glance, one might
think it is Italian, or possibly Portuguese, but it seems a bit off for
either one of those. Also, I did some testing of text pieces using
Altavista's babelfish (yes, I cheated) and they were confusing the heck
out of the translator, and I tried several different languages to
English, in each case. I even did a quick look at some Interlingua text,
but it does not seem to be, prima facie, that either. Maybe it is from
some other dead or dying contrived international language: Ido, Volpuk,
etc....

Also, your valedictory remark "merci sven burro" was interesting.
"burro"-> "donkey" -> "ass" (?)
"merci" is a French "thanks" (?)
What's the game; is this a big spoof, or am I overlooking something?

Eric

* Occupant Capture
@ 2004-10-02 16:05 ` Elijah Meeks
From: Elijah Meeks @ 2004-10-02 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

Is there a particular setting necessary to allow
occupant capture when the transport is captured?  I've
set scuttle chance to 0% and the capture-chance for
the occupants at 100%, but the only thing that happens
is the transport is captured and its occupants all
vanish.

Thanks,

Elijah

Ahem,

Der settipakio alo necessitatio occupadio capturio gen
transporto capturiado?  Wo inputio del scuttlema ager
zed, del capturio possibilitadio total, keshi zhe solo
d'eventio ka tranporto capturada, occupanta den kaput.

Merci sven burro,

Elijadio

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail