Hi, I think the new release sounds great. I wondered if the support for Mac OSX has simply dried up? I see in the SourceForge web site that it's considered "unsupported". That would be too bad. I was excited when the port to OS X was done and have been keeping up ever since. While I understand the market forces, I would have thought that xconq is not so much about market forces as the desire by some great guys to do great work and share it with a bunch of happy gamers. If the Mac OS X support is dead, then I'll live with the last version that works for me. If not, then maybe a significant release like this needs a companion release of the Mac OS X side. Bob On Dec 27, 2004, at 8:02 PM, Eric McDonald wrote: > Hello Xconquerors, > > A new Xconq file release is available at: > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php? > group_id=124062&package_id=135573&release_id=292824 > Here is the executive summary of changes for this release: > Several significant improvements are in this release: > (1) The unit image scaling bug has been squashed. Unit images should > no longer be inflated to sizes too large. > (2) The SDL interface now has grouping boxes to indicate a > transport/occupant relationship. The grouping boxes are essentially > identical to what the Tcl/Tk interface already had. > (3) The SDL interface now has a unit construction indicator. Uses some > cool alpha blending. > (4) Much of the unit display code in the SDL and Tcl/Tk interfaces has > been rewritten and cleaned up tremendously. Although it may not be > visible to the end user, it has made developer life much simpler. > (5) Bugs pertaining to unit views have been squashed, and a new > feature has been added regarding unit vision. > (6) Grouping boxes and construction indicators are now somewhat > customizable by game designers. > > Action descriptions are provided in the unit info display in the > Tcl/Tk interface. (Feature requested by Paul Crespy.) > > The Opal and AWLS families of games have been updated by their > creator, Elijah Meeks. > > Networking remains to be fixed. > > Note to Windows users: The program with "SETUP" in all uppercase > letters and ending in ".exe" is an installer program which will > install Xconq on your computer. > > Note to people installing from RPM packages: The 'common' package is a > prerequisite to the other packages; it contains parts of Xconq in > common to the interfaces, such as documentation and the games library. > You must have this package in order to install one of the interface > packages. The interface packages are: 'tcltk', 'sdl', and 'curses'. > You will need to install at least one of them to actually play Xconq. > > Enjoy, > Eric > > Thanks, Bob (drbob@TheManFromSPUD.com) The Man from S.P.U.D. We will write no code before it's designed.