public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Xconq on Windows
@ 2003-10-06  3:55 Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2003-10-06  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

Hello all,

  A few things:

  (1) I have released a new Xconq bundle for Windows. Same
instructions as last time. You can get it at:
    http://eric_mcdonald.home.comcast.net/xconq
This includes all of the latest things from Hans, Peter, and
myself.

  (2) If you prefer to build the Windows binaries yourself, I have
done quite a bit of work on easing that process. There is also a
new piece of documentation in CVS, INSTALL-win, from Juergen
Ruehle and myself.

  Regards,
    Eric

* Re: Xconq on Windows
@ 1999-07-05 16:10 ` A. Rick Anderson
From: A. Rick Anderson @ 1999-07-05 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stan Shebs, xconq7

> java:

> Still trying to scope out the effort, in particular whether performance
> goals achievable.  Need sources to large (Xconq-sized) example.

http://games.playlink.ugo.com/

All the games online at this site are written in 100% Java, including an
Axis and Allies clone.

http://games.playlink.ugo.com/javaOne/ has a copy of their JavaOne
presentations, including "High Speed Animation in Java."

Another online gaming company which spoke at JavaOne simply put a thin
wrapper around OpenGL.  Their session was entitled "Massive Parallel
Processing, Keeping 10,000 online gamers happy."

I went to their sessions and these guys have been there and done it.

* Xconq on Windows
@ 1999-07-01 18:36 Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 1999-07-01 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

Brief status, in between trips.  Traveling is not all bad I guess, I'm
stuck with the NT laptop, Cygwin, and Xconq sources, what good can
come of that? :-) Anyway, I've worked up a new strategy for using
tcl/tk X emulation of Windows (boolean ops instead of clip masks), and
it actually does the right thing now!  All the new gif image stuff
show up correctly on Windows, and it even runs at a reasonable speed!

I won't be able to check it in until next week though...

								Stan