public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Eric McDonald <mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu>
To: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
Cc: xconq <xconq7@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: RE: Canonical Windows build environment?
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:02:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello Brandon,

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> Ok, as per INSTALL-win instructions, I've tried the following with
> Cygwin:
>
> ./configure --x-includes=/usr/src/tcltk-20030901-1/tk/xlib/X11 --with-tc
> lconfig=/lib --with-tkconfig=/lib

Could you send the error output to the list? I would like to look
at it, and if Juergen is around, he might also have something to
say....  The problem with the INSTALL-win document is that it is
an amalgam of his original doc (which dated back roughly 3 years
ago and refered to much older packages) and updated information I
put in. I took the liberty of updating some of his package
references to newer ones, but did not necessarily verify that said
packages still behaved in the way the old ones did. I did not hear
Juergen complain, so I let things be, thinking that I had made
reasonable assumptions. Have you tried building with the
ActiveState Tcl/Tk? I have verified that.

It was my intent to verify things Juergen's way someday, and to do
a purely MinGW32 build. I didn't consider them top priorities
though, since I think the vast majority of our Windows users are
interested in prepackaged binaries rather than building Xconq
themselves.

> get the same choking, looking for Xlib.h.  Is that expected?  If

Not particularly.

> estimate of when the major overhaul of the config and Makefiles will be
> completed?

I mentioned several weeks ago that the "major surgery" has been
taken care of. Among other things, this means that the Windows and
Unix builds of Xconq have been unified.  It doesn't have much to
do with the Tcl/Tk build per se.

  Regards,
    Eric