public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Stripping the 50k Map
@ 2003-04-11 19:35 Elijah Meeks
From: Elijah Meeks @ 2003-04-11 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

How would one go about reducing Xconq's 50km worldmap
to its North America portion?  It's the perfect scale,
but it seems like any formatting changes I make to the
file to reduce the size only result in chaos.

http://tax.yahoo.com

* Re: Stripping the 50k Map
@ 2003-04-11 23:49 ` Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2003-04-11 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elijah Meeks; +Cc: xconq7

>How would one go about reducing Xconq's 50km worldmap
>to its North America portion?  It's the perfect scale,
>but it seems like any formatting changes I make to the
>file to reduce the size only result in chaos.

You can do this in the Mac interface, where the designer save dialog has a
"Reshape" button that makes it possible to either expand the map or save
only part of it (and also change the world circumference). This feature is
not implemented in the tcltk interface, though. So if you don't have a Mac,
you are out of luck.

Hans