public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* calendar and point questions
@ 2003-08-01 21:45 Michael S. Jones
From: Michael S. Jones @ 2003-08-01 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

Hello,

1) I'd like to have my game calender tick in minutes, but trying the
obvious (based on modifying the hour calender example in gettyburg.g)
gives unintended results - the date gets replaced by just minute
numbers.
Can I get the date with minutes ticking by?

2) Is there a way for a unit (or unit type) to be worth different point
amounts to the different sides?

Michael S. Jones
jonesms@slu.edu

* Re: calendar and point questions
@ 2003-08-02  1:46 ` Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2003-08-02  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael S. Jones; +Cc: xconq7

>Hello,
>
>1) I'd like to have my game calender tick in minutes, but trying the
>obvious (based on modifying the hour calender example in gettyburg.g)
>gives unintended results - the date gets replaced by just minute
>numbers.
>Can I get the date with minutes ticking by?

I doubt it, but I haven't looked closely at this code.

>2) Is there a way for a unit (or unit type) to be worth different point
>amounts to the different sides?

I don't think so. However, if you want to customize units for sides you can
always clone them, e.g. define both tanks-russian and tanks-german. This is
mostly used to provide unique images for units that belong to different
sides, but you can of course customize other properties too, including the
assigned point values.

Hans