public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Xconq Help menu
@ 2003-11-03  0:58 Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2003-11-03  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

The new Help menu is now available. There is still a minor problem on
Linux, though, in that long menus fail to scroll beyond the first
screen-full (scrolling works fine on Mac and Windows, so this is not a tcl
issue). I have seen this with other Linux apps, however, so it is probably
a known X11 problem. Does anybody know a fix or work-around?

Hans

* Re: Xconq Help menu
@ 2003-11-03  2:55 ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2003-11-03  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hronne; +Cc: xconq7

> The new Help menu is now available. There is still a minor problem on
> Linux, though, in that long menus fail to scroll beyond the first
> screen-full (scrolling works fine on Mac and Windows, so this is not a tcl
> issue). I have seen this with other Linux apps, however, so it is probably
> a known X11 problem. Does anybody know a fix or work-around?

X11 (in terms of the X server, Xlib, etc) knows nothing about menu.
It is lower level than that (draw rectangle, draw text, etc).

So it perhaps is a bug with the port of tcl to X11.  Or something
about how we are using it.

Not sure how helpful this is, but perhaps it helps narrow down where
to look.