public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
From: Hans Ronne <hronne@comhem.se>
To: "Robert Goulding" <Goulding.2@nd.edu>
Cc: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Building for OSX
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:59:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>So the Carbon build available from the webpage is done with .. what?  Sorry
>to be dim; I've only recently changed from Linux to Mac OSX, so my only
>experience of compilation is configure - make; but when I try this on the
>CVS code, it gets hung-up when linking to the tcl libraries.  (Sorry can't
>be more specific; I'm away from my Mac).  Are there any tips for getting a
>Carbonised app to compile using straightforward configure and make, and gcc
>etc?

The makefiles etc. do not support building of the MacOS apps. So what you
are trying to do would not work. All MacOS targeted builds on the web page
were made with CodeWarrior, which does not use makefiles at all. Since I
don't use the Apple Dev Tools myself, I can't tell you how to set things up
to build xconq with them. You'll have to ask Stan about that.

Hans