public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* XConq GDL Questions
@ 2003-07-14 15:47 Michael S. Jones
From: Michael S. Jones @ 2003-07-14 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xconq7

Hello,

Been tinkering with a somalia game module and ran into a few things.
Hope this
is the right place for these questions:

1) I've defined wreck types (for my blackhawk helicopters), which work
fine
except for two quirks: a) I only want wrecks left on land and not on
water.
Specifying (vanishes-on wrecked-helo sea) doesn't work, apparently
because
the wreck can't move. Also if the helos crash because they run out fuel
(rather
than being shot down) they just disappear w/o leaving a wreck. Hints?

3) Does anyone have a few scorekeeper examples more complex than
last-side-wins?
I'm having trouble understanding the syntax from the manual.
Specifically, I'd like to have
side X win if the game lasts more than, say, 30 turns.

4) I'm having a problem with icons disappearing for units that can hold
other units  (i.e.
bases and towns). The game will be fine for a while, then a town will
disappear, be
displayed strange and/or the units inside will vanish. Usually, you can
still select
the disappeared unit or it's occupants, but sometimes not. This only
happens if
SEE-ALL is false.

I'm using XConq 7.4.1 (Mac).

Thanks much,
Mike

--
Michael S. Jones
jonesms@slu.edu

* Re: XConq GDL Questions
@ 2003-07-14 21:51 ` Eric McDonald
From: Eric McDonald @ 2003-07-14 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael S. Jones; +Cc: xconq7

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Michael S. Jones wrote:

> 4) I'm having a problem with icons disappearing for units that can hold
> other units  (i.e.
> bases and towns). The game will be fine for a while, then a town will
> disappear, be
> displayed strange and/or the units inside will vanish. Usually, you can
> still select
> the disappeared unit or it's occupants, but sometimes not. This only
> happens if
> SEE-ALL is false.
>
> I'm using XConq 7.4.1 (Mac).

Hans did a major revision of the unit view code since 7.4.1. I would
suggest that you either grab the latest version from CVS and build it, or
else use the Mac binaries he has available at:
http://w1.694.telia.com/~u69400018/

This may help problem (4) and perhaps others as well.

  Good luck,
    Eric

* Re: XConq GDL Questions
@ 2003-07-14 23:04 ` Hans Ronne
From: Hans Ronne @ 2003-07-14 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael S. Jones; +Cc: xconq7

>1) I've defined wreck types (for my blackhawk helicopters), which work
>fine
>except for two quirks:

I changed the wreck and vanish code recently (to fix another problem) so
you may wish to check out the latest CVS sources.

>3) Does anyone have a few scorekeeper examples more complex than
>last-side-wins?

See 1756.g and1806.g for point-value scorekeepers. The cherbourg game has
an occupation scorekeeper, but it is disabled, probably because it did not
work.

>4) I'm having a problem with icons disappearing for units that can hold
>other units  (i.e.
>bases and towns).

As Eric pointed out, this bug was fixed with the new unit view code.

Hans