public inbox for archer@sourceware.org
* Fedora 13: Please update your branch with "master"
@ 2010-01-06 23:10 Jan Kratochvil
From: Jan Kratochvil @ 2010-01-06 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: archer

Hi,

please merge your branch with "master" till Friday for some first test build
to discover possible regressions.  Later updates should be easier until the
deadline:
	2010-02-09 Fedora 13 Feature Freeze
according to:
	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule

The branch list should match that of Fedora 12:
	archer-jankratochvil-bp_location-accel
	archer-jankratochvil-fortran-module
	archer-jankratochvil-misc
	archer-jankratochvil-pie
	archer-jankratochvil-vla
	archer-jankratochvil-watchpoint
	archer-keiths-expr-cumulative
	archer-pmuldoon-next-over-throw
	archer-tromey-call-frame-cfa
	archer-tromey-delayed-symfile
	archer-tromey-dw-op-value
	archer-tromey-python

Reserving right to make simple branch updates myself (*), send me an opt-out
mail otherwise.

Thanks,
Jan

(*) Previously I was creating a temporary branch like
    archer-jankratochvil-expr (to update archer-keiths-expr-cumulative,
    + others) and later the same work has been done on the main branch and
    being synced back causing conflicts due to minor differences in the branch
    update resolutions, probably not worth it.

* Re: Fedora 13: Please update your branch with "master"
@ 2010-01-07 20:10 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2010-01-07 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kratochvil; +Cc: archer

Jan> 	archer-tromey-call-frame-cfa
Jan> 	archer-tromey-dw-op-value

These two are dead -- they were fully merged into CVS in time for GDB
7.0.

Jan> Reserving right to make simple branch updates myself (*)

I think that is a good plan.

Tom

* Re: Fedora 13: Please update your branch with "master"
@ 2010-01-08 21:06 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2010-01-08 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kratochvil; +Cc: archer

Jan> 	archer-pmuldoon-next-over-throw
Jan> 	archer-tromey-delayed-symfile
Jan> 	archer-tromey-python

I merged master into each of these.

I needed a slightly newer master for next-over-throw due to a
since-fixed bug on the trunk.  So, delayed-symfile lags a little... if
that matters, let me know and I can do another merge to it.

I ran the test suite for regressions.  There was one that turned out to
be an upstream regression.  I fixed this in CVS but didn't pull the fix
in, because it is a trivial test suite bug.  There are also a few tests
which failed unreproducibly.

Finally, I made a few minor changes (to fix regressions) in the code
while doing the merge.  In retrospect I think this was a mistake, I
probably should have done separate commits.

Tom

* Re: Fedora 13: Please update your branch with "master"
@ 2010-01-08 21:21   ` Jan Kratochvil
From: Jan Kratochvil @ 2010-01-08 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: archer

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:06:47 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jan> 	archer-pmuldoon-next-over-throw
> Jan> 	archer-tromey-delayed-symfile
> Jan> 	archer-tromey-python
>
> I merged master into each of these.

Thanks.

Rebasing archer-jankratochvil-pie, both for CVS HEAD and for this fedora merge.

> I needed a slightly newer master for next-over-throw due to a
> since-fixed bug on the trunk.  So, delayed-symfile lags a little... if
> that matters, let me know and I can do another merge to it.

In fact with GIT one does not even notice during a merge it is against
a different master point unless there occur some conflicts.  So update of
a branch without resolving conflict (which I presume would be this case) is
a nop.

> Finally, I made a few minor changes (to fix regressions) in the code
> while doing the merge.  In retrospect I think this was a mistake, I
> probably should have done separate commits.

Thanks for the notice.  I thought that this probably happened here and there
as sometimes I do it by mistake myself.  So just ignoring the rebase checkins
is not right and one should rather revert+resolve the master changes (to get
feature branch against gdb-7.0).

Thanks,
Jan