public inbox for archer@sourceware.org
* Features in F12
@ 2009-07-29 19:38 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2009-07-29 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Project Archer

Eric asked me to compile a list of features we'll have in F12 that we
did not have in F11.  I came up with this.  Please read it over, let me
know what I missed (I'm sure I've missed things), and answer the
questions if you can.

* More C++ expression parsing fixes.
  [ can we be more specific? ]

* Stepping operations like "step", "next", and "finish" work better when
  the inferior throw an exception.  GDB will no longer lose control of
  the inferior; instead it will stop at the point where an exception is
  caught.

* We've found and fixed several bugs in pretty-printing.

* GDB now supports more DWARF expressions.  This lets it work with
  recent versions of GCC, including the VTA branch.

* We've made some improvements to the Python API:
  * You can now detect when a field of a Type is a base class
  * We added a prototype of an "upto" command -- a more flexible "up"

Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-07-29 19:38 UTC | newest]