public inbox for bfd@sourceware.org
* Re: libtool autoconf weirdness (Re: Different versions of libbfd.a)
       [not found] ` <199709241643.MAA05534.cygnus.bfd@subrogation.cygnus.com>
@ 1997-09-24 11:55   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 1997-09-24 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bfd

Ian> I want the default to be no.  If I don't set enable-shared, then
Ian> the default (from the libtool macros in aclocal.m4) will be to
Ian> build shared libraries.

We could either modify the macro from libtool, or have the top-level
configure pass --enable-shared=no unless it is explicitly enabled.

I tend to prefer the latter.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-09-24 11:55 UTC | newest]