* help with ELF32 for PPC
@ 2005-03-03  3:45 jonas tyler
From: jonas tyler @ 2005-03-03  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,

  The elf format definition document does not say how
the .line section is defined.  Does anyone know where
to get such information for PPC?
  I am trying to map a function symbol to the file
where it is defined. I don't get any clue from the ELF
document how this should be done. Can anybody here
give some hints?

  I know that GNU BINUTILS does this, but I didn't get
through the source code through the layers of
"define".

  Thanks.

Jonas

__________________________________
Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

* Re: help with ELF32 for PPC
@ 2005-03-03  4:57 ` Alan Modra
From: Alan Modra @ 2005-03-03  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jonas tyler; +Cc: binutils

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 07:44:51PM -0800, jonas tyler wrote:
>   The elf format definition document does not say how
> the .line section is defined.  Does anyone know where
> to get such information for PPC?

You can find some information about .debug_line in the DWARF standard.
If you don't have a copy of a recent DWARF spec, follow the right link
on http://gcc.gnu.org/readings.html

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre