* Is there some GAS internal information documents?
@ 2006-05-25  5:59 Huang, Chunhao
From: Huang, Chunhao @ 2006-05-25  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils; +Cc: Huang, Chunhao

Greetings,

This is Chunhao.

I'm learning binutils these days, but I find that the internel
documents about GAS are very few, the document
http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.16/as/index.html
is about how to use GAS instead of the internal information.

Is there any guy who can tell me where I can find some such
documents? I also have used google to search, but in vain.

When I was learning BFD several days ago, I found such document
http://web.umr.edu/~gnudoc/single/binutils-020226/bfdint.html
It helped me a lot when I study the BFD source codes, although
some contents maybe are out of date. So I just want to find
such documents to guide me when I study the GAS source codes.

Thanks
Best Regards

Chunhao

* Re: Is there some GAS internal information documents?
@ 2006-05-25  8:03 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2006-05-25  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Huang, Chunhao; +Cc: binutils

Hi Chunhao

> I'm learning binutils these days, but I find that the internel
> documents about GAS are very few, the document
> http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.16/as/index.html
> is about how to use GAS instead of the internal information.

> Is there any guy who can tell me where I can find some such
> documents? I also have used google to search, but in vain.

Yes, gas/doc/internals.texi in the GAS source tree.

Regards, Ben