* note about the git-hooks install for binutils-gdb.git
@ 2020-02-23  4:23 Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-02-23  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, gdb-patches

Hi everyone,

We had a breakage with the hooks this weekend, which was caused
by some changes by someone coming in with the usual team attitude
that often serves us so well. Unfortunately, that change caused
emailing to break.

I would like to request that we don't make changes to the hooks
without coordinating them either through either GitHub,
or else through me if that's simpler for you guys. Knowing the hooks
well, I can help you design the change, and I might even make
that change for you! But most of all, I will get it tested through
the extensive testsuite I wrote.  It may not seem like it, but
I developped the hooks treating it as if it was critical software,
so as to ensure maximum availability.

If, during the weekend, you tried to push some changes to
the binutils-gdb.git repository, and got the following error:

        | $ git push upstream master:hello
 !! ->  | remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
 !! ->  | remote:   File "hooks/post_receive.py", line 126, in <module>
 !! ->  | remote:     post_receive(refs_data, args.submitter_email)
 !! ->  | remote: NameError: name 'args' is not defined
        | To ssh://sourceware.org/git/binutils-gdb.git
        |  * [new branch]                master -> hello

Then were you were hit by it, and emails for that update have not
been sent. You can contact me in private, and I will get them
resent.

Thank you,
--
Joel

* Re: note about the git-hooks install for binutils-gdb.git
@ 2020-02-25 23:53 ` Christian Biesinger via binutils
From: Christian Biesinger via binutils @ 2020-02-25 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Brobecker; +Cc: binutils, gdb-patches

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 10:23 PM Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We had a breakage with the hooks this weekend, which was caused
> by some changes by someone coming in with the usual team attitude
> that often serves us so well. Unfortunately, that change caused
> emailing to break.
>
> I would like to request that we don't make changes to the hooks
> without coordinating them either through either GitHub,

Out of curiosity, where on github are the hooks?

@ 2020-02-26  2:34   ` Joel Brobecker
From: Joel Brobecker @ 2020-02-26  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Biesinger; +Cc: binutils, gdb-patches

They are located at https://github.com/adacore/git-hooks