* unexpected list configuration change?
@ 2023-09-05  7:59 Jan Beulich
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jan Beulich @ 2023-09-05  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Binutils

Hello,

all of the sudden, when sending a 3-patch series just a few minutes ago,
I've observed all Cc: disappearing from mails sent to/through the list.
Quite some time ago I recall such happening for certain individuals, but
aiui at that time it was a per-user choice. Of course with just two
samples I can't exclude old behavior having been restored (and both of
the people Cc-ed having that (mis-)feature turned on), but even then I
would wonder why that was done. Stripping Cc-s makes replying more
difficult, when on the reply you want to have the same set of Cc-s as
was on the original mail.

Thanks for any insight,
Jan

* RE: unexpected list configuration change?
@ 2023-09-06  2:13 ` Jiang, Haochen
From: Jiang, Haochen @ 2023-09-06  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Beulich, Jan, Binutils

> Hello,
>
> all of the sudden, when sending a 3-patch series just a few minutes ago, I've
> observed all Cc: disappearing from mails sent to/through the list.
> Quite some time ago I recall such happening for certain individuals, but aiui at
> that time it was a per-user choice. Of course with just two samples I can't
> exclude old behavior having been restored (and both of the people Cc-ed
> having that (mis-)feature turned on), but even then I would wonder why that
> was done. Stripping Cc-s makes replying more difficult, when on the reply you
> want to have the same set of Cc-s as was on the original mail.

I also don't know what is wrong but just share some information that might help
troubleshoot.

I just checked my mail sent in that thread, it seems that my cc also disappeared
even the cc list is set that for mail (H.J.'s address under this scenario).

But there is one interesting exception, if binutils mailing thread itself is in the cc
list, it is still there.

Thx,
Haochen

* Re: unexpected list configuration change?
@ 2023-09-06  7:15 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2023-09-06  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich via Binutils; +Cc: Jan Beulich

Please contact overseers@sourceware.org for such issues.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

* Re: unexpected list configuration change?
@ 2023-09-06 15:37 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-09-06 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Binutils; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Jiang, Haochen, Jan Beulich

Hi,

On Tue, 2023-09-05 at 09:59 +0200, Jan Beulich via Binutils wrote:
> all of the sudden, when sending a 3-patch series just a few minutes ago,
> I've observed all Cc: disappearing from mails sent to/through the list.

This should be fixed now, see
https://inbox.sourceware.org/overseers/6139a36551fbec18edf62bf87e462dfda5c9b2ba.camel@klomp.org/

This email is just to check it really is fixed. That is why all the
thread participants are explicitly on the CC line. If things really
work then the list copy also has them now.

Cheers,

Mark