* ppc64 biarch binutils configure uses different default "--target" than gcc,glibc
@ 2005-02-21  1:20 Nitin Gupta
From: Nitin Gupta @ 2005-02-21  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,
I downloaded scripts to build ppc 970 biarch toolchain from
ftp://ftp.linuxppc64.org/pub/people/janis. I noticed that only binutils
uses default target (--target) to be powerpc-linux where as gcc,glibc
uses powerpc64-linux. Is there any reason for that? BTW. binutils has
--enable-targets=powerpc64-linux in its configure command

I was wondering why it isn't --target=powerpc64-linux
--enable-targets=powerpc-linux?

Thanks,
NKG

* Re: ppc64 biarch binutils configure uses different default "--target" than gcc,glibc
@ 2005-02-21 21:19 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2005-02-21 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nitin Gupta; +Cc: binutils

Hi Nitin,

> I downloaded scripts to build ppc 970 biarch toolchain from
> ftp://ftp.linuxppc64.org/pub/people/janis. I noticed that only
> binutils uses default target (--target) to be powerpc-linux where as
> gcc,glibc uses powerpc64-linux. Is there any reason for that?

No - it sounds like a bug.

> I was wondering why it isn't --target=powerpc64-linux
> --enable-targets=powerpc-linux?

Perhaps you should contact the author(s) of the scripts and ask them why
they chose to configure the binutils this way.

Cheers
   Nick

* ppc64 biarch binutils configure uses different default "--target" than gcc,glibc
@ 2005-02-21  3:04 Nitin Gupta