* Linker script and alias to a versioned symbol
@ 2023-02-10 18:35 amb
From: amb @ 2023-02-10 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible, in a linker script, to
define an alias to a versioned symbol.

As an example, let me use these two versioned symbols in glibc:

  XXXX: 00000000000XXXX   119 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT   15
clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.2.5
  XXXX: 00000000000XXXX   119 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT   15
clock_gettime@@GLIBC_2.17

In a linker script, is it possible to make sure that a call to
clock_gettime ends up invoking clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.2.5 ?

I am familiar with how `__asm__(".symver SYM,SYM@GLIBC_VERSION");`
works but that's not what I am looking for. I would like to know if
there is a way to achieve this goal using only a linker script and
nothing else.

I tried something like this:

PROVIDE( clock_gettime = clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.2.5 );

But it doesn't seem to work. Maybe the '@' is an invalid char above?