* usage of the libdep plugin of LD
@ 2023-02-13 16:55 Marco Frigerio
From: Marco Frigerio @ 2023-02-13 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi,
Is there a way of making sure that the libdep plugin of LD is used?

I have a static .a library with the __.LIBDEP section, but linking it to an executable raises linking errors.

All the errors go away if I specify manually the same '-lXXX' which is written in __.LIBDEP, suggesting that the latter is ignored.

GNU Binutils v 2.38, gcc 11.3.0, on Ubuntu Linux.

I could not find anything in the man pages, and the LD docs (section 4) do not say anything about enabling/loading plugins.

I hope this is the right place for this kind of questions, my apologies otherwise.
Thanks
 - MF