* Object file in the search path
@ 2005-02-25 11:11 Shaun Jackman
From: Shaun Jackman @ 2005-02-25 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

The INPUT(FILE) directive of the linker script searches through the
library search path for the specified object file. Is there a way to
specify an object file on the command line that should be searched
for, perhaps ld --input FILE?

Please cc me in your reply. Thanks!
Shaun

* Re: Object file in the search path
@ 2005-02-25 13:19 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-02-25 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaun Jackman; +Cc: binutils

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 02:31:35PM -0800, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> The INPUT(FILE) directive of the linker script searches through the
> library search path for the specified object file. Is there a way to
> specify an object file on the command line that should be searched
> for, perhaps ld --input FILE?
>
> Please cc me in your reply. Thanks!

No, there isn't.  We have a patch around here somewhere to support
"-l:FILE" which does basically what you want, though - let me know if
you want me to dig up a copy.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: Object file in the search path
@ 2005-02-25 13:50   ` Shaun Jackman
From: Shaun Jackman @ 2005-02-25 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, Daniel Jacobowitz

> No, there isn't.  We have a patch around here somewhere to support
> "-l:FILE" which does basically what you want, though - let me know if
> you want me to dig up a copy.

Thanks for the offer, Daniel, but it's not worth patching binutils. I
was just hoping there was stock support for searched object files in
ld. I'll work around it in the Makefile.

Cheers,
Shaun