* Binary Tools track at FOSDEM
@ 2022-10-14 14:55 Jose E. Marchesi
From: Jose E. Marchesi @ 2022-10-14 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poke-devel
  Cc: nickc, mattias.wadman, mnabipoor, indu.bhagat, david.faust,
	positron, darnir, binutils, Simon Marchi, Pedro Alves,
	Mark Wielaard, Dodji Seketeli, guillermo.e.martinez, monnier

Hello people!

I just submitted a proposal for FOSDEM 2023 (Brussels, February 4 and 5
2023) for a "Binary Tools" devroom.  The aim of the devroom is similar
to of the Binary Tools Summit [1] we did remotely earlier this year: to
get together developers of tools that manipulate binary data, such as
assemblers, binary editors, reverse-engineering suites,
encoders/decoders generators, etc.

mnabipoor agreed to be the co-organizer.
We are asking for a full day.

The aim of the conference is to have three kind of activities:

1) Talks/activities for developers of the tools.
2) Talks/activities/little workshops for users of the tools.
3) Activities to increase cooperation between the tools.

I am reaching out to the following projects for prospective
participation and talks:

- GNU poke (obviously ;))
- radare2
- kaitai struct
- binwalk
- wireshark
- GNU binutils

Suggestions on other projects/people to contact?  (Or feel free to do it
yourself pointing them to this email/to us!.)

If this devroom gets approved, I promise you we are gonna have TONS of
fun ;)

Salud!

[1] https://binary-tools.net/summit.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-10-14 14:51 UTC | newest]