* Maciej's Recent Reverts (and MIPS Maintainership)
@ 2023-06-15  5:43 YunQiang Su
From: YunQiang Su @ 2023-06-15  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Hi all,

I was disappointed to see that my recent fixes for MIPS R6 was reverted by Maciej without prior notice. It may well be the case that my proposed changes were not approved, but my changes (after Maciej asked for revision) did not receive any feedback.

In my recent experience, Maciej has not been proactive in maintaining MIPS code, and this sort of mass revert is inappropriate, counterproductive, and not constructive. Maciej's recent contributions has largely not been related to MIPS and his non-constructive behavior has severely impeded the implementation of newer features from the MIPS architecture.

As a suggestion, I would like to request that I be made a maintainer for Binutils' MIPS-related components. I currently work for CIP United Inc., which is the exclusive licensor and operator of MIPS IPs in China, Hong Kong, and Macau. Part of our operations include maintaining open source software solutions for MIPS and we are looking to continue maintaining GCC's MIPS port. Moreover, as the director of the company's software ecosystem department, I have been working with Binutils and contributed many fixes and new features.

YunQiang Su

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-06-15  5:44 UTC | newest]