* Need binutils target corresponding to GCC target arm-zephyr-eadi
@ 2022-06-21 23:37 Gary Oblock
From: Gary Oblock @ 2022-06-21 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils

Note, I'm not very familiar with building binutils and have zero
experience with cross building it for use as in an embedded
cross development environment. Any hints tips or pointers
to tutorials will be a big help.

Thanks,

Gary

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Ampere Computing or its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship. Any unauthorized review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

* Re: Need binutils target corresponding to GCC target arm-zephyr-eadi
@ 2022-06-22 11:24 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2022-06-22 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Oblock; +Cc: Binutils

Hi Gary,

> Note, I'm not very familiar with building binutils and have zero
> experience with cross building it for use as in an embedded
> cross development environment. Any hints tips or pointers
> to tutorials will be a big help.

I am not familiar with the "eadi" environment, and as far as I know
the binutils does not support it.  If it is similar to the "eabi"
environment then you may be in luck, as that is supported by the
binutils.

There is a README file in the binutils/ subdirectory of the binutils
sources which explains the process for configuring and building the
binutils.

There may also be pre-built versions of cross targeted binutils
available for your use, without you having to compile anything,
although this does depend upon your development environment.

Cheers
   Nick

* Re: Need binutils target corresponding to GCC target arm-zephyr-eadi
@ 2022-06-22 19:12   ` Gary Oblock
From: Gary Oblock @ 2022-06-22 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: Binutils

Nick,

The eadi was a typo and of course it was eabi...

Thanks,

Gary
[EXTERNAL EMAIL NOTICE: This email originated from an external sender. Please be mindful of safe email handling and proprietary information protection practices.]

Hi Gary,