public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Multi-instruction macros
@ 2008-02-06 15:04 Stelian Pop
From: Stelian Pop @ 2008-02-06 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi,

How do I implement multi-instruction macros in a .cpu file ?

The assembler language for the microcontroller I'm working on has some
pseudo instructions like for example: 'andi r0, #42'. This has to be
translated into 'mov r1, #42' and 'andi r0, r1'.

How do I do this ? And how do I specify that this pseudo instruction
needs an extra register (r1 in the example above) ?

Searching the archives, I found an old patch from Greg McGary
implementing this(*), but it doesn't seem to have been incorporated into
the mainline.

Thanks,

Stelian.

(*): http://sourceware.org/ml/cgen/2001-q1/msg00142.html

--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-02-06 15:04 UTC | newest]