public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* problems with a new port....
@ 2001-05-04 17:45 Alan Lehotsky
From: Alan Lehotsky @ 2001-05-04 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

So, I'm in the process of creating a gas using cgen.

The docs claim that you need

	gas_cgen_opcode_desc = <ARCH>_cgen_opcode_open (.....);

but I can't find WHERE thIs function is implemented or what the return type is.

Which PROBABLY implies that I'm not correctly generating some cgen output file.

Any suggestions where to find the missing function?

--Al Lehotsky

* problems with a new port....
@ 2001-05-04 18:21 ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2001-05-04 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Lehotsky; +Cc: cgen

Alan Lehotsky writes:
 > So, I'm in the process of creating a gas using cgen.

No, that's "having a gas with cgen!" :-)

 > The docs claim that you need
 >
 > 	gas_cgen_opcode_desc = <ARCH>_cgen_opcode_open (.....);
 >
 > but I can't find WHERE thIs function is implemented or what the return type is.
 >
 > Which PROBABLY implies that I'm not correctly generating some cgen output file.
 >
 > Any suggestions where to find the missing function?

Ugh.  Docs are wrong.  s/cgen_opcode_open/cgen_cpu_open/.
It's created by desc-cpu.scm and put in <arch>-desc.c.

* Re: problems with a new port....
@ 2001-05-08 20:17   ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2001-05-08 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: Alan Lehotsky, cgen

  Doug> Ugh.  Docs are wrong.  s/cgen_opcode_open/cgen_cpu_open/.
  Doug> It's created by desc-cpu.scm and put in <arch>-desc.c.

I've corrected the docs.  I've also uploaded regenerated HTML docs to
the web server.  Thanks.

Ben

* Re: problems with a new port....
@ 2001-05-08 22:37     ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2001-05-08 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: Alan Lehotsky, cgen

Ben Elliston writes:

 >   Doug> Ugh.  Docs are wrong.  s/cgen_opcode_open/cgen_cpu_open/.
 >   Doug> It's created by desc-cpu.scm and put in <arch>-desc.c.
 >
 > I've corrected the docs.  I've also uploaded regenerated HTML docs to
 > the web server.  Thanks.

Thanks!!!