public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Calling C functions
@ 2002-03-12  1:53 Jose Luis Ayala
From: Jose Luis Ayala @ 2002-03-12  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi,

I'm working with the arm7.cpu architecture and I've addded calls to C
functions with c-raw-call sentences. These functions have been written
into an arm7.opc file. However, recompilation of the opcodes directory
does not read this file and does not generate the resulting files.

Does arm7.opc file have to follow any prototipe? Do I have to make any
change in any Makefile?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

--
--------
José Luis Ayala Rodrigo			Phone: 34-91-5495700 ext.420/544

Linux Registered User #182215
"Teoría es cuando se sabe todo y nada funciona; práctica, cuando todo
funciona y nadie sabe por qué."

* Re: Calling C functions
@ 2002-03-12  2:01 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-03-12  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Luis Ayala; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 10:53:19AM +0100, Jose Luis Ayala wrote:
> I'm working with the arm7.cpu architecture and I've addded calls to C
> functions with c-raw-call sentences. These functions have been written
> into an arm7.opc file. However, recompilation of the opcodes directory
> does not read this file and does not generate the resulting files.
> [...]

The bodies of functions that define c-calls go straight into the
appropriate simulator source files, and not into the .opc file.

- FChE

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: Calling C functions
@ 2002-03-12  2:02 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-03-12  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Luis Ayala; +Cc: cgen

Hi.

  Jose> I'm working with the arm7.cpu architecture and I've addded calls to C
  Jose> functions with c-raw-call sentences. These functions have been written
  Jose> into an arm7.opc file. However, recompilation of the opcodes directory
  Jose> does not read this file and does not generate the resulting
  Jose> files.

It would probably be best to post some fragments of your .opc file, if
you can, but from memory, the .opc file must follow the name of the
arch (as defined in the cpu description), not the filename of the .cpu
file.  This is, admittedly, a bit of a gotcha.

Try renaming arm7.opc to arm.opc and regenerate--see if that helps.

Ben

* Re: Calling C functions
@ 2002-03-12 17:58   ` Johan Rydberg
From: Johan Rydberg @ 2002-03-12 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

[re-sent to list due to spam-blocking on my e-mail address]

On 2002.03.12 10:59 Ben Elliston wrote:

: Try renaming arm7.opc to arm.opc and regenerate--see if that helps.

It can not be that easy that Jose just forgot to configure with
--enable-cgen-maint ?  From memory, I think that must be enabled to
enable the regenerate rules in opcodes/Makefile.[am|in|]

regards
johan

* Re: Calling C functions
@ 2002-03-12 18:41     ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-03-12 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Rydberg; +Cc: cgen

  Johan> It can not be that easy that Jose just forgot to configure with
  Johan> --enable-cgen-maint ?  From memory, I think that must be enabled to
  Johan> enable the regenerate rules in opcodes/Makefile.[am|in|]

The rules are still present in the opcodes Makefile; they just aren't
a dependency rule for `make all' which is what --enable-cgen-maint
does.

Ben