public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Running Guile
@ 2002-08-27 19:17 Shehryar Humayun
From: Shehryar Humayun @ 2002-08-27 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

I am having the following output in load-opc while
trying to run guile.
guile>(load-opc)

Backtrace:
0* [load-opc]
1* [load "read"]
2  [prmitive-load-path "read"]
3* [maybe-load "slib/pp" #f pretty-print]
4  [letrec ((dynamic-func? #)) (let (#) (cond # # #)))
5  [prmitive-load-path "slib/pp"]
6* (require (quote generic-write))

/usr/share/guile/slib/pp.scm:3:1: In expression
(require ((quote generic-write)):
/usr/share/guile/slib/pp.scm:3:1: Unbound variable
require
ABORT: (misc-error)
http://finance.yahoo.com

* Re: Running Guile
@ 2002-08-27 19:43 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-08-27 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shehryar Humayun; +Cc: cgen

  Shehryar> I am having the following output in load-opc while trying
  Shehryar> to run guile. [...] Anyone got any ideas what the cause of
  Shehryar> the problem might be?

What version of Guile are you using?  Have you tried using the
Makefile-driven way of invoking CGEN, as discussed in the CGEN FAQ?

Ben

* Re: Running Guile
@ 2002-08-28 10:39   ` Shehryar Humayun
From: Shehryar Humayun @ 2002-08-28 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Elliston; +Cc: cgen

> What version of Guile are you using?
I am using the version of Guile installed with Linux
7.3. and CGEN-1.0. That is Guile-1.3.4. Should I
install Guile-1.4.1. Does that require the remove the

> Have you tried
> using the
> Makefile-driven way of invoking CGEN, as discussed
> in the CGEN FAQ?
>
> Ben
Guile was installed as a part of Linux installation
while I installed CGEN my self. Got statements like
nothing to make during the make process. Any idea
about what I should do?

Thanks in advance

p.s. Actaully one thing that is confusing me is that
slib/pp.scm file in the source tree of Guile-1.4.1
does not contain
(require 'generic-write)
on the third line. While the files in
usr/share/guile/slib/pp.scm and
usr/share/umb-scheme/slib/pp.scm
both contain this on their third line.

http://finance.yahoo.com

* Re: Running Guile
@ 2002-08-28 14:04     ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-08-28 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shehryar Humayun; +Cc: cgen

Hi there.

  Shehryar> I am using the version of Guile installed with Linux
  Shehryar> 7.3. and CGEN-1.0. That is Guile-1.3.4. Should I
  Shehryar> install Guile-1.4.1. Does that require the remove the

Either of those versions should be fine.

  Shehryar> Guile was installed as a part of Linux installation
  Shehryar> while I installed CGEN my self. Got statements like
  Shehryar> nothing to make during the make process. Any idea
  Shehryar> about what I should do?

I think I may have been unclear in my explanation.  Please review:

	http://sources.redhat.com/fom-serv/cgen/cache/8.html
and	http://sources.redhat.com/fom-serv/cgen/cache/7.html

Cheers, Ben