public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Porting gas with cgen
@ 2002-09-09  2:55 JCastillo
From: JCastillo @ 2002-09-09  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hello all.

I want to add DSP instructions to the openrisc cgen model. After add then to
the .cpu model I generate the eigth opcodes files. What  I have have to do
next? I think I should copy then to the /opcodes directory of the binutils
and then compile the binutils for the architecture I modified.My question is
if this is correct and if I have to modify the tc-arch.[ch] files of the
architecture

Thank you

Yahoo! Messenger
Descárgalo ya desde http://messenger.yahoo.es

* Re: Porting gas with cgen
@ 2002-09-09  6:17 ` Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 2002-09-09  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JCastillo; +Cc: cgen

  JCastillo> I want to add DSP instructions to the openrisc cgen model. After add then to
  JCastillo> the .cpu model I generate the eigth opcodes files. What  I have have to do
  JCastillo> next? I think I should copy then to the /opcodes directory of the binutils
  JCastillo> and then compile the binutils for the architecture I modified.My question is
  JCastillo> if this is correct and if I have to modify the tc-arch.[ch] files of the
  JCastillo> architecture

If you use the opcodes/Makefile.am glue that is in place, CGEN can be
run from the opcodes build directory and install the generated files
in the opcodes source directory.  Then, yes, you need to build
opcodes, binutils, gas, etc. for openrisc-elf.

Ben