public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Changed .cpu -> nothing happens
@ 2001-04-26 14:34 Pavel Baranov
From: Pavel Baranov @ 2001-04-26 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cgen@sourceware.cygnus.com'

I changed the 'done' field from 1 -> 2 in .cpu file
(in define model...unit...), re-run cgen (in the way suggested in
CGEN Faq-O-Matic) and compared the source directories (original which
I copied to another location before running cgen) and a new one.

The only differences I found were in .cpu file which I changed :)
and time stamp of my <arch>-scalar-sem.cxx file. The content of
this file was identical to the original one.

Previously I also tried to add new units to model description in
.cpu file and nothing happened.

Why nothing was changed? Where is the problem?

Regards,
Pavel

* Re: Changed .cpu -> nothing happens
@ 2001-04-26 17:04 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2001-04-26 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Baranov; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 02:33:26PM -0700, Pavel Baranov wrote:
: I changed the 'done' field from 1 -> 2 in .cpu file
: (in define model...unit...)  [...]
: Previously I also tried to add new units to model description in
: .cpu file and nothing happened.
: Why nothing was changed? Where is the problem?

This is because the functional unit latency modelling code needs
special options for cgen to even look at; the model/unit is now
being summarily ignored for this port.  Look at sim/fr30 for a
better idea what's involved.

- FChE