public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* delay slot and !pbb
@ 2001-05-06 10:28 Johan Rydberg
From: Johan Rydberg @ 2001-05-06 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi!

I need some suggestions.  I'm working on my GNU Simulators port of
OpenRISC.  I want the simulator to be as real as the real thing as
possible, so I decided to use a simple engine with scache and not
pbb.

Anyone got any suggestions how I should implement the delay slot
handling in the best way?

regards,
johan.

* Re: delay slot and !pbb
@ 2001-05-06 10:38 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2001-05-06 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johan Rydberg; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

: I need some suggestions.  I'm working on my GNU Simulators port of
: OpenRISC.

Okay.

: I want the simulator to be as real as the real thing as
: possible, so I decided to use a simple engine with scache and not
: pbb.

The choice of instruction engine affects performance and complexity
of implementation, not fidelity.

: Anyone got any suggestions how I should implement the delay slot
: handling in the best way?

If you're planning to build a simulator for the gdb/sim collection,
see sim/fr30/mloop.in.  If a sid-based simulator, methinks we haven't
released to the public any ports with delay slots, but the code
involved is straightforward, and we could provide relevant excerpts
for the sid/component/cgen-cpu/CPU/CPU.cxx:step_insns function.

- FChE